Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A NICE WELCOME IN BUENOS AIRES

 
Its been difficult to post pictures and info lately since our Macbook suddenly died on us shortly after leaving Salvador de Bahia. Most places in South America don't hold or service Mac products, they cost nearly 50% more than in Canada making them unfordable here. Our goal was to have it checked out in Buenos Aires to see if there was a way to salvage it but it turned out that we wont have to!

Its the common situation, you get out of the bus station after a long, all night journey, tired and half asleep. Two ladies approach you, looking harmless, completely normal Portiños. All of a sudden you get sprayed with a substance, all over your bag and clothes. Your not sure where it happened, most likely form above...? They come in to offer help. I let my day bag slide down my arm to see what the hell has been put on my backpack and as soon as you put your guard down more people move in. A man yells to create a diversion while another grabs whatever is in arms length and disappears.

So the damage... one Macbook (hopefully it was scrap), my passport, coat (which I needed because its chilly at night), Ipod and earphones) and ego!

I need to stop now since people have been waiting to use the hostel computer... Once we figure out how to remedy our computer/communication we will update the blog and elaborate on our travels...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty tricky stuff. I know what im doing at Berri UQAM now! I just need to find a couple of Portiños...

    ReplyDelete